Sunday, August 30, 2009

Nature Walk Weekend

I missed my Walk With Nature card last week due to hurricane Netta that hit my craft room......well....not a real hurricane.....it was lil ole Me....as I posted yesterday....I had decided to clean my craft room and I don't have to explain what happens when you decide to "straighten it up and organize".....not a pretty situation! Anyway, this weekend my card is about a flower. No matter what nature walk I am on...I am always on the lookout for flowers. I can't tell you how many times I frustrated my hiking buddy as I would have to stop to take "the perfect" photo of some tiny flower I spotted. Todays flower is made from the a disposable tealight candle holder. A very simple card to make. For the flower center, I punched a hole in the big white brad with my crop-o-dile and inserted a flower brad through the hole. The big brad was attached to the center of the tealight candle flower and before it was tacked down. I punched a square hole on my card front . I used my Cuttlebug to get the green leaves and then cut them out. The leaves were glued down onto the card front and the tealight candle flower was glued down on top of the leaves. Coordinating paper was glued to the inside of the card. With the card closed, I chose the stamp You've Got Mail from the set clear stamps called "Anytime Sentiments" and stamped it through the window so it would be lined up correctly when the card was closed. That is it!! Very easy!! I made this card while talking on the phone.....that is how easy it is. Thank you for joining me on my Nature Walk Weekend.........now your turn!!

No comments: