Sunday, November 24, 2013

Happy ThanksChanukah!!

Wow!  I like this!!  Hanukkah and Thanksgiving all in one card!  
How great is that!  

This is the first time since 1888 that the two holidays combined.  I am guessing I won't be seeing this happen again so I took advantage of it.   Instead of making 10 cards....I only had to make 5 cards!!



I found the digital online.  Printed them out with my new printer onto my favorite white cardstock-Georgia Pacific.  I have not been able to figure out how to print in fast mode for my digital images so I wasn't sure if the ink would smudge when I colored it with my markers right away.  No smudging and no extra drying time thank goodness!!

The gold paper was embossed with Sizzix folder, trimmed with a Stamp Up edger and glued down to a navy blue mat that was edged with Fiskars punch.  After taping down my Turkey (off the mat so I trimmed part of the circle off), I wrapped a gold thin cord around three times.  To make sure everything would stick down well, I used my Scor-tape to hold it together with.  Yellow stickles and a couple of gold sticker bling finished off the card. 
 The cards are A2 size.

All 5 have been signed and ready to go in the mail tomorrow.  

To those who celebrate both holidays.....Happy ThanksChanukah!!!

Netta

Touch marker colors: 94, 101, 103, 35,R13,  77, 89, RP6 and 183
Specturum Noir marker colors: OR1 and GB5
Digital I found online: Coloring Pages For All Ages

No comments: