Wednesday, May 7, 2014

2014 Mother-n-Others Invite

This weekend will be the 12th big event at a local nursing home called Mothers-N-Others.  It is celebration held in the Alzheimer section for basically all the Caregivers and Families who take care of loved ones with Alzheimer.  For the past 9 years I have been making and donating the 30 invitations they needed.  It is difficult for me to sit and make 30 invitations (really more like an A2 card) the same way however  the nursing home does get great feed back on how the family members look forward to the invites.  One elderly gentleman has been saving them each year.  That is what makes it all worth while.  That is why we do what we do...make cards and give them away.  It is that smile that we get in return.



Thank you for stopping by..
Netta

(Inside)
“Your strength and patience reach forever
As we make this difficult journey together.
Please preserve the memories once shared
And protect my dignity when I lapse to care.
For each day I will need you a little more
To hold my hand and to reassure
As my thoughts fade and my memories dim
Know that my heart still loves you deep within.”

-Author Unknown

No comments: