Saturday, May 25, 2019

52 CCT May Technique Challenge

Have you ever heard of the Eraser Technique?  This method was the technique we had to use this week at 52 CCT.  I had not heard of it before, so I was really excited to plan this card and give it a try.
It's very easy.  Here are the materials I used.  Everything I had at home.  


 All I used was cardstock, Ink, rubber stamp, stencil, brush instead of a sponge, eraser, pencil, hairspray, a piece of sandpaper, clear Wink of Stella and Copic. 


I rubbed the pencil against the sandpaper and got a lot of pencil shavings onto a piece of paper.  I used the brush to pick up the pencil shavings and rubbed them all over my cardstock and stencil.
Next I stamped my image right over the top.  I used the eraser to erase everything I wanted white.  Colored with copics and used Wink of Stella where I wanted the sparkle.  I had a bit of an issue with the Wink of Stella...it dropped a big drop onto one of the snowmen so I had to kinda put it on thick in other areas as well.  It ended up being ok!  I thought I had ruined the card.  The hairspray finished off the card.  Just sprayed lightly to fix the pencil onto the cardstock so it would not smudge.  

Here is the finished look!  

What do you think?  Ready to give it a try?  If you do...come on over to 52 CCT and share what you made with us.


Netta


3 comments:

Fabiola said...

je vois que les bonhommes de neige ont été très inspirant cette semaine, quelle scène fun et si sympa, biz

ElizStewart said...

Netta... that interim photo really tells the story of the technique! Love your final result. Thanks so much for the invite to GD this week at 52CCT.

AlisonC said...

Fantastic, I love it. x