Sunday, August 25, 2019

Alcohol Ink Meets Gold Foil Background

EEEEKKKK
Have you seen the technique that involves Alcohol Inks and Foil?
IT....IS.....AMAZING! 
So pretty but...if you are like me....get ready to get messy!

The card I made for a friend had just gold foil but I forgot to take pictures.  I created more samples because I had so much fun with the technique. This time I made sure to take a photo.  In the picture below I used both gold and black foil.  Click on the photo to get a better view.


Isn't it gorgeous!  It reminds me of marble and it's so easy.  Just play with your alcohol inks and just before it totally dries, burnish foil over it with your finger.  Where it is tacky, some of the foil will stick.  I used the Yupo paper for the alcohol inks so I have no idea how it will work on anything else.  Trial and error I guess.  

Here is my finished card.

Here is 
Kelly Latevola

 if you want to see how it is made.  Her cards are beautiful. 
Now.....to go get this blue and teal alcohol ink off my arms and hands!  Might have to google as scrubbing did not work!  If anyone has as trick...please let me know!

Netta


Alcohol Ink colors used
Mermaid, Stream, Sailboat Blue, Eggplant, Purple Twilight, Amethyst
Heidi Swapp Minc Gold Foil
Yupo Paper
Tim Holtz Alcohol Blend Solution
Tattered Blossoms Flowers Die Set
Hot off the Press "Whimsical Words & Doodles"

No comments: