Saturday, August 24, 2019

52 CCT August Technique Challenge

It's my last week hosting the challenges at 52CCT.  I had so much fun this month.  This time I chose something I have not done in years.  A challenge that involves color and a WOW affect.   It's called Joseph's coat technique






This is how you begin....start sponging ink onto a glossy or matt cardstock.....place as much color as you want and where-ever you want them.  I made sure to dust it after the color was down because the next step is to heat emboss. I did not want any stray embossing powder to stick where I did not want it.



Next, stamp a background image or a bunch of little images with Versamark and emboss using a clear embossing powder.


Now use a brayer or sponge or direct ink pad to paper to cover the whole paper with a dark ink.  I used Staz-On black here with a brayer. Here is where the WOW affect comes in.  Wipe the ink off the embossed areas and it will now allow the color you put down first to show through. 


Here are two more that I did.  I have not made them into Christmas  cards yet.  I used black but remember....any dark color over the top will work. 


I hope you give this technique a try!  If you do, head on over to 52CCT to share with us.  We would love to see what you came up with.  

Netta

1 comment:

Fabiola said...

Superbe effet Netta, j'ai un peu de mal avec le noir mais le rendu est vraiment magnifique, biz