Saturday, July 20, 2019

52 CCT July Theme Challenge

1/5/2020 update:  This card was chosen as one of the Best of 2019 at Splitcoaststampers.com #10

Challenge at 52 CCT is to use a Non-Traditional Image.  I asked a friend what would she do for a Non-traditional challenge.  She offered a few choices and I guess using a Halloween image with Christmas is pretty non-traditional!  Thanks Pam for your ideas!
First I found the Witch rubber stamp and then I drew out so many plans on paper on how to use it before I made a decision.  Once I decided where to place everything, I stamped the witch and the tree branches.  Next I colored them in with copics.


The next step was coloring in the background but I needed to protect the witch first. 

 I normally use post it notes for masking but I recently found something even better.  I just bought a roll of Judikins Eclipse Art Masking Tape.  I love masking and this tape was amazing...not too thick...more like a printer paper.  The tape is sticky enough to hold but not too sticky.   It comes in a fairly good size roll so you can use it for the tiniest masking to anything long.  The tape is easy to stamp on to cut out your mask.  It peels off your card easily and no residue is left behind.  I was able to save my witch mask and store it with the stamp for future use.  I bought mine at Amazon so here is the link to where I got it in case your interested... ECLIPSE

The background was done with just sponges and ink.  While I had the mask still on the witch, I stamped the two evergreen trees to the right.  The witch image had black lines to represent her peeking over something so I continued those lines with a thin black marker to the right and left.  Now it looks like she is peeking over a snow hill.
 I used a mix of Stickles and Scribbles for the snow on the witch, sky and trees. I printed the words on acetate so the snow would show through....
Oh Crap 
I Overslept 
Inside the card I also printed....
Oh Well
Merry Christmas

I know who this card is going to go to at Christmas.  It's someone who has a very good sense of humor.  
I can't wait to see what the others did on the design team and what all of you did too!  See you over at 52CCT.
Netta


Copic Colors:  YG11, YG25, YG95, T0, T8, FV2
Ink Colors:  Versafine Onyx Black, SU Dapper Denim, SU Night of Navy
Scribbles Shiny Winter White 3D Paint
Stickles Diamond
SU Holiday Home Rubber Stamp Set
Penny Black Winter Branches Stamp Set
Third Coast Witch stamp

2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Netta
Gr Karin

TracyB said...

Netta, I absolutely love what you did with this theme. It gave me a great laugh when I saw it.