Saturday, December 7, 2019

52 CCT Farewell to 2019 Challenge

It's now December.  Time to wrap up making all those Christmas Cards and get them in the mail.  I have already been receiving cards since the 3rd week of November!  

The last challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is to pick a previous theme from 2019. I choose to redo the challenge from January 19th....


Have you ever gone out walking in the woods to get your tree or when it was kind of dark from a storm brewing or it is so quiet except the crunch of the snow beneath your feet?  The snow is glistening from the bright moon.  So quiet and peaceful.  



I loved taking walks in the woods.  I remember one time, I went out for a walk in the woods close to home and it was snowing.  Not a sound anywhere.   I spotted tracks from a rabbit and decided to follow them.  I knew they were fresh tracks or they would have been buried.  I happened to look up and directly in front of me...almost eye level....was the biggest beautiful white owl.  Biggest I have ever seen!  He was just staring at me not moving...so quiet. We just stared at each other.  I think I ruined his lunch because he must have been following that same rabbit.  I backed out slowly to go home to get my camera.  Of course when I got back he was gone, but I will never forget that moment.

Yup....silence...walking in the woods.  Nothing like it.
The memory inspired me to make my card for the Silent Night.  Actually, I made not just one but 31 cards.




Thank you for stopping by.  If you still need to get a few more cards done...go back to 52 Christmas Card Throwdown and see if you feel like doing a sketch, color, theme or technique challenge.  The challenges are along the top of the page, so pick one and scroll down the list.   I can't wait to see what you will share with us!  

Netta

Stamping Up Carols of Christmas for stamp on the truck door
Scribble Shiny Christmas Red for the dots
Impression Obsession Class Truck Die
Stamping Up Balloon Punch for tires
Tim Holtz Treeline Die
Ripped Scrap White Cardstock ripped for snow banks
Waverly Chalk Acrylic Paint and paint brush for the snow
Impression Obsession Fir Trees





2 comments:

Fabiola said...

J'adore, quel joli paysage et quelle charmante scene, biz

Becca Sadler said...

Netta: You've created a fabulous wintery scene for your re-visit to the Silent Night theme to be your design team project for the last challenge of the year for 52 CCT!!! Wonderful Christmas card! And super impressive that you made 31 copies of this...lucky friends and family!!!