Thursday, October 7, 2021

October CAS Christmas Challenge

 
The challenge for October was posted and this time they were asking for gray and red.  When I took the picture the gray looks a bit brown but it is gray.  I need to set up a place to take the photos of my cards.  Even though I have been here in my new home since end of July in my new craft room, that is one area I have not planned out yet.

I used a die to cut the flowers area out on white cardstock and glued a grey cardstock behind it.  I used the same die and cut out a red cardstock.  I carefully took each piece of the red and glued it over the gray cardstock.  My granddaughter was watching me and she said "Now I know why sometimes it takes you a long time to make a card!".  lol

The Merry Christmas and deer was cut out twice.  The white was glued down first and the red was glued over it but off set just a little bit.  


Another Christmas card and challenge down. 
Off to go find another challenge to do to keep going.  

Netta

Supplies:

Sizzix Thinlits Die Set-Mixed Media Christmas by Tim Holtz 

Sizzix Thinlits Die Set-Home for the Holidays by Tim Holtz

Whimsy Stamps Reindeer Die

White CardStock

Gray CardStock

Red CardStock

 

5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

This card was a labor of love Netta, and is beautifully done! I love inlaid designs, and this just couldn't be prettier with the Poinsettia's and the deer! CAS and just lovely!! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Christmas! Marcia (DT) :0)

Julia Aston said...

A lovely mix of delightful die cuts for your red/gray design Netta - the poinsettia's look so pretty in the corner! thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas! xx

Darnell said...

It looks gray on my monitor, Netta, and I love the design! Well done putting those pieces back in for some wonderful texture! It's lovely to meet you! Hugs, Darnell (CCCC GD)

Christine Alexander said...

great die cut with your reindeer, I love the crisp look with the inlaid poinsettia and gray back. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

My Paper Epiphany said...

So lovely to see you blogging and making cards again! Gorgeous card!