Thursday, July 13, 2023

Highland Birthday

 When I saw this Highland Cow image at Kit and Clowder, I knew right away the birthday I was going to color it up for.  

The card I made is called a bridge card and the bridge part is the fence in front of the cow.  

I printed out the background on a full piece of light weight white cardstock and cut the pieces to fit and glue over each section. 

The bridge part was a fence image printed, flipped over as an opposite and printed again.  I fussy cut it  and glued the largest fence post to the right side and the left large fence post, leaving the center loose.  I pressed it flat to see where I needed to cut and match up the middle to attach at the perfect length. I was lucky that the both sides and the length I needed ended up being perfectly lined up where the two fence post met in the middle!

The Highland cow was large and I wanted it to be the focus of the card and the barn in the background.  The cow is glued to a crossbar to show distance between the fence and barn.

 The highland cow just looks like she is ready to go to a birthday party with her birthday hat of flowers on her head!

Verse Front:  It's never too late to be what you want to be....

Verse Back:  Unless you want to be younger, than your screwed =)

Definitely not your normal A2 card and it BARELY fits in the 6"x9"manila envelope.   The base was a 11"x 5 3/4" and the two sides were folded at 1 1/2" each. 

 

She got popped into the mail and on her way to wish a dear friend Happy Birthday!

Submitted to Challenge

Creative Creases #61 


Netta

Supplies

  •     Kit and Clowder Highland Cow Image from Feb/Mar 2023 Bonus Class
  •     Neenah Solar White Cardstock
  •     Water Color Waves Farm Fences Clipart
  •     Sentiment printed from Computer
  •     Silhouette Cut Birthday
  •    Altenew Green Heart Gens 


3 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Holy cow, Netta, your card is spectacular! I adore cows but this one has stolen my heart. I can't say enough about your design. I wish I were the friend who was at the receiving end but I'm thankful I got to see it in our Creative Creases Challenge!
Karen, DT

Rae said...

Netta, this card (and the sweet Highland Cow) is truly amazing. I can't say enough about how you used the fold to create such a wonderful piece. Thank you for entering Creative Creases Challenge #61. See you for #62.

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous and had no idea how large it was!! The gift receiver is going to love it!!