Saturday, January 25, 2020

52 CCT January Technique Challenge

You probably already know you can emboss a cutting die by using an embossing rubber mat but did you know you could also stamp with your dies?  I did not so I was excited to try this out.
Check out this video to see how.

I stamped my dies with VersaMark and embossed with Stampin' Up copper embossing powder.  I used water colors to color the images and the background.


The evergreens along the top came from a die from Elizabeth Craft Designs "Beautiful Baubles Die" set.  The sentiment came from Recollections clear stamp set "Christmas Phrases #605740".  It was stamped with VersaMark and embossed with the copper.  I also used a VersaMark Pen and placed blobs all over so I could emboss with the copper embossing powder.



I used a tool on the back of the image to rub and make each of them pop up off the background. To make them be a bit 3D.  To keep it from flattening down during mailing I added a dimensional silicone glue on the back of each.  I tried to get a good photo on the 3D baubles but I just could not capture a good photo!


Check out the designs team's creations at 52 CCT and then give it a try.  It is not hard at all and it will give you another avenue with your dies!

Netta

5 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Netta: I think your photos are great and the card is magnificent!!! Absolutely stunning! This is a show stopper kind of keepsake that needs to be displayed all season long!

Fabiola said...

J'adore l'effet peinture moderne de ta carte Netta, très bel effet, biz

A.Rose said...

Stunning is all I can say!

VEANA R. said...

Wow Netta ! You create an amazing Festive card and the Christmas bubbles are so colourful and fancy. Hugs, Veana

AndrejaM said...

Fantastic coloring! xoxo AndrejaM