Saturday, February 22, 2020

52 CCT February Technique Challenge

Today is my last week to host the challenges at 52CCT for 2020.  This week it is about Foil.  If it is not in your craft room, you probably have it in your kitchen: Tin Foil or some call it aluminum foil, craft foil, deco foil, hot stamping foil, gold leaf foil, Go-Press foil.  If it says Foil....you can use it!

I have not dug out one type of foil in a long long time so I pulled out my Golf Leaf Foil box.

Do you remember the Black Ice Tecnique?  Post is here-->Beautiful Black Ice.  Today, I used a modified version.  

First, I covered a plain white cardstock with double sided tape and trimmed off the edges.  

Next, I pressed the foil down all over the tape until the tape is completely covered.  The Gilded Leaf Foil I used has multi colors all over it.
Note:   If you ever play with Gilded Leaf...DO NOT sneeze, have your air conditioning on, a fan going...don't even breath hard or you will have foil flying everywhere! LOL. Trust me...I know.  I forgot my foil box was still open one day and I turned on my heat gun.  Ya.  You can imagine what happened.  

Make sure you press the foil down completely so you cannot feel any areas that are sticky.  I rubbed my fingers in circles all over it.  It will do two things.  It will remove the loose pieces and it pushes the loose pieces into areas that still need foil to cover it.  

 Using a stiff brush, gently brush in circles all along the foil to loosen any extra pieces. Sweep the extra bigger pieces back into your foil box to use in later.  

Here is what the background looks like once you have brushed all the extra loose pieces off. 

Isn't it pretty!!

Most people use the embossing folders to emboss.  For my technique, I debossed the snowflake images.  Embossing and debossing are the process of creating either raised or recessed images and design on the paper.  Embossed patterns raised up and debossed pattern is sunken down.  I wanted my image to be sunken down so if you flipped my background over you will see the images raised up.  
Now take your staz-on black inkpad and run it on the foil from top to bottom.  Do not press, just let the weight of the pad itself drag across the foil.  Keep doing it until your satisfied.  The black will make the image stand out more.

I finished my card off with a snowflake edge called Frostyville Border from Memory Box.  I just used a blue scrap paper to cut it with and to mat the foil base.  

I hope you join us at 52CCT to check out what the rest of the Design Team Members created and give this challenge a try!  Remember, it can be any foil you find in your home.

See you there!



Netta

4 comments:

Fabiola said...

c'est magnifique Netta, elle scintille de mille feux, biz

A.Rose said...

This card is spectacular!

Becca Sadler said...

Netta: first of all, teamie, thanks for being the hostess this month and keeping us all on track! Secondly, your card is magnificient!!! I appreciate you going through all the steps with photos and text. Your card has a steampunk-kind of vibe with all the texture of the debossing, inking, and foil colors--very dynamic! Excellent!

AndrejaM said...

Beautifiull card. Thanks for photo tutorilal. AndrejaM