Saturday, February 15, 2020

52 CCT February Theme Challenge

Ahhhhhh ....it's winter...wind is blowing snow everywhere....the air is cold and for me...there is nothing like a good cup of hot cocoa with marshmallow floating on top!  
Since I it is my turn to pick the challenges this month, I chose cocoa for the theme challenge at 52CCT.  It is anything cocoa (or some call it hot chocolate) so bring out whatever you have that will show cocoa. 
 Paper
dies
stamps
stickers 


This image is from Sassy Cheryl's called "Warm Winter Cocoa".  I was on vacation recently and brought only a few images and colored pencils.  I had some extra time and colored this image with Prismacolor Premier Pencils.  Unfortunately, I did not write down the colors I used.  I have dabbled very little using pencils to color with so that is why I took them with me on vacation.  I need practice!
When I got home, I fussy cut the image out.  
The fireplace was just a free line image online.  Printed it out and colored it with markers.  
I also used my computer to print out the words on the background after I had the fireplace done.  

Here is a trick I have used for years to get the words to print out on my background where I want them.  

I always use Microsoft word to print the words out onto computer paper where I would want them on a card.  I ran my Scotch Tape Glider along the top of my colored fireplace cardstock.  Just along the top of the cardstock to tack it down. I held the computer paper up to the window and placed the cardstock over it.  In the light I can see my words on the computer paper shine through the cardstock.  Once I had the words positioned where I want them to print out, I stuck the top of the cardstock down onto the computer paper.  I put my computer paper back through the printer and reprinted the words but this time they printed out onto my fireplace cardstock.  Gently removed the cardstock, add more glue or tape to the back of the cardstock and it was ready to stick down onto my card base.

That is it for today.  Thank you for stopping by.  Hope to see you over at 52CCT!


Netta





3 comments:

A.Rose said...

That is one happy little girl! Love this card, reminds me of my granddaughter!

Fabiola said...

adorable Netta, elle est super mignonne et pleine de gourmandise cette carte, biz

ArtMBR said...

Thanks for the encouraging words with me. Your girl with hot chocolate is also very nice to me.