Saturday, March 28, 2020

52 CCT March Technique Challenge

Good morning everyone.  
If you are under quarantine, what a perfect time to make your Christmas Cards and get ahead of the card season!

Here is a window card to go with this weeks theme at 52CCT.
I hand cut the window and made the stain glass by coloring with markers on a piece of acetate.  I took a piece of tin foil and crumbled it up to put behind the acetate.  I actually made two and one of them I smoothed it out.  I was not pleased with the look when I laid the acetate statin glass against it.  The second one I did not flatten it out all the way and I liked the look of it better.   The acetate was glued down onto the tin foil by using my Xyron Creative Station Lite.  Liquid glue was placed along the black window and it was placed over the acetate.  Acetate was trimmed so it was the same at the black edge of the window.


I used Ranger Black Adhesive Foam to stick the window down onto the blue mat. 

Here is a close up of what the tin foil looks like behind the acetate stained glass window.

Show us your window card over at 52CCT!



Netta

Memory Box Dies "Glowing Candles"
Penny Black Die "Holly Flourish"
Tin Foil
Markers in Assorted colors
Stickles Colors Gold and Diamond
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die "Ribbon Banners"
Sentiment from Stampin Up "Beautiful Baubles"

4 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Netta: Hey, teamie! Fabulous post and card! I have enjoyed learning how you constructed the awesome stained glass window! Wonderful!

A.Rose said...

Stained glass for your window...nice!

Fabiola said...

oh wow Netta, un vrai vitrail cette carte, une petite merveille, biz

AndrejaM said...

Oooo, what a colourful window!