Saturday, March 21, 2020

52 CCT March Theme Challenge

I have been away for over a month studying hard to get a different license.  At the same time, my father-in-law fell very ill and was in the hospital quite awhile.  He recently moved to a nursing home to continue to recoup.  
1st -I am happy to say I passed and got my license!!  GO ME!!!  That was hard but I did it and it feels good.  2nd-I am also happy to report Dad is doing better!  He may even get to go home in a week!  So now that both are behind me I can go back to crafting.  

 I am starting out with a post that was due this morning and I am just getting it on.  It is Theme week at Christmas Card Throwdown and the theme is lights!  Here is my version.  I have not used this die for awhile and was happy to use it again.  



The stamp Merry & Bright was one stamp but I wanted to use it separately.   Here is the trick...


Place a piece of Scotch tape over the area you do not want to stamp


Ink the image

Remove the tape

Stamp your image.  Only the portion you left untaped will stamp.  If you want to re-stamp over again, just repeat the steps above but when you use the same stamp to do the other word, make sure you wash it very well first.

That is it for now crafty folks!  I am off to do some catching up!  See you over at https://52cct.blogspot.com/2020/03/march-theme-challenge.html !




Whimsy Stamps "String of Lights" Die
Stickles: Green, Gold, Red, Purple, Silver, Orange
Black scrap Cardstock
Reminisce Cardstock set Snowflake Ridge "Falling Snow"
Stampin Up "Hearts Come Home"

4 comments:

A.Rose said...

Very pretty card.

Fabiola said...

une jolie lumière dans la nuit Netta, biz

Becca Sadler said...

Netta: Hey, teamie! Glad you got to participate plus share your double good news! Best of luck to everyone! Stay safe and healthy, too.

AndrejaM said...

Nice background for all that lights!