Friday, August 7, 2020

Celebration Cards and a Quick Tip

I have been concentrating so much on current birthdays and Christmas, my stock on extras has dwindled down.  August birthdays are very light for me so I will use August to replenish my stock.  
Here are two cards I made from a background I had already done.
Three months ago, I was playing around with alcohol inks and created a few backgrounds.  Since I am already getting inky fingers, I go ahead and make them big enough so I can cut them in 1/2 to make two cards.  Sometimes I can get three out of them, depending what I am doing.  


Before the background had dried I had sprinkled some glitter onto it and knocked off anything that did not stick.  My idea at the time was to make it into some kind of ocean sparkling background.  Although it came out a little darker than I wanted, I went ahead and used 1/2 to make an ocean scene. 
 I kept all the die pieces white so they would stand out more.

On the second card, I used the Sizzix Mixed Media die to cut the corner design out.  I glued it onto a shimmery white cardstock and used a left over gold shimmery cardstock for decorating on top.
Two for my card stock but I still have a several more to make!

I wanted to show you a tip for your word or alphabet dies.  I took the time to cut out all my words in a die set and laminate them.  I kept the size of the laminate sheet small enough to store with my dies and I made sure to place them a little apart from each other.  Now when I am looking for a word, I just pull out the sheets and place the word on the card to see if it will fit.  It's really been a time saver for me!

Now off to go work on my Color challenge for tomorrow.  Wait until you see the colors AndrejaM choose for us this month!
Thanks for stopping by...
Netta

No comments: