Monday, August 31, 2020

Mandala's Birthday

Today I challenged myself.

I have most everything in plastic cases on the shelf..sometimes they house stamps and often times dies.  All of them are cataloged in my book.   Someday I will share how it is all set up.  Some stamps, I have not used yet and some I have not used in a long time.  I always tend to grab for the same thing.   Today I decided to just reach in and pull out one case.  I wasn't sure what it was going to be but whatever it was, I was hoping I could use it for birthday cards.  The case I pulled out had two mandala items..one was a die and one was a stamp.  Lucky me,  I would be able to use it for birthday cards and the stamp had never been used!  I got it free when I went to a Hero Arts event.  

I was able to get 3 birthday cards done.

I used the die twice and the stamp once.  

Here is the card I used the stamp on.  It was colored with Spectrum Noir glitter markers.  The image was cut out and glued on top of the background.  The background has the same glitter markers splattered on it.  I did not notice, but when I splattered the background some of it got on my table.  What did I do?  I laid the base of the card right on top so some splatter got on the back and of course I did not notice until the card was put together.  Know what I did to fix it without ripping it apart?  I just splattered more on the back and made it look like I did it on purpose!  


Here is the close up so you can see how pretty all that glitter looks!

This next card was simple as the background  was one I had laying around.  I took white cardstock and die cut the center.  Glued the background on the back.  The white die cut mandala was colored with oxide inks and glued back onto the same spot it was cut out from.  

This one actually is two mandalas I colored with Oxide Inks and cut parts off to glue around the card.  I used My Favorite Things Inside Outside die to make a border and circle center.  I love these dies because it puts a stitched mark on both sides...the piece cut off and the main piece.  Most dies only shows the stitches on the piece you cut out and I found that frustrating!  It was never on the piece I wanted to use.  These dies gives you both choices.  

 I actually enjoyed just pulling a case out to use.  I may have to challenge myself more often!

Have a super day!

Netta


Ingredients

  • Spectrum Noir: Red Berry, Aquamarine, Teacup, Rose Quartz, Peony, Cosmos, Sea Breeze, Sand Dune
  • Versamark Ink Pad
  • Black Embossing Powder
  • Cricut Cuttlebug Anna Griffin "Cherry Blossom" embossing folder.
  • Happy Birthday Die is a Amazon no-name brand 
  • Hero Arts Florals Star Flower cling Stamp
  • My Favorite Things Captivating Mandala Die
  • Distress Oxide Shaded Lilac, Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio
  • My Favorite Things Inside Outside Stitched Dies
  • Fiskars Birthday Cheer Stamp "Celebrate"
  • Stampin Up Wetland Birthday Stamp
  • Versafine Onyx Black


No comments: