Sunday, August 9, 2020

Happy 94th Birthday Dad!

I can't believe my Father-in-law's 94th birthday is today!  The past year has been a health struggle for him but he is doing very well now.  It gives me great pleasure to be able to make him another birthday card.
 Since he lives in Florida, I decided to make him a card with an ocean scene.


I created the background laying down 3 colors of Oxide Inks onto white cardstock.  I just learned how you can spritz a stencil with a little bit of water and then flip it over onto the Oxide inks, press a paper towel on top to sop up the water and remove the stencil.  Use a heat gun to dry the card and watch the magic of the stencil appear on top!  For his card, I used one to make it look like waves in the water. 

The turtles were colored with Copics and hand cut out.  I used a molding mat and a ball tool to press on the underside of the turtle so they would be more 3D.

I added a small amount of silicone glue so the areas I rubbed will stay rounded.  It keeps the image from squishing flat in mailing.

After putting all the parts together, I put a little bit of glue and sprinkle the sand along the bottom.

The whole top scene has foam under it to raise it above the ocean behind it.

Dad, I love to sit at dinner and listen to you talk about your past.  I love to hear about all the obstacles you faced growing up and depths of your experiences.  It's been such a pleasure getting to know you over the years.  You have so much wisdom and knowledge.  I especially love how you save everything to recreate or fix. Well, everything except that can opener!  You fixed it so well that it now takes the top of a can off so fast, I am afraid for my life and step way back!  *LOL* It works though!

Happy Birthday Dad.
I am looking forward to making you another year of cards in the coming year.
Netta

  • Distress Oxide Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron, Tumbled Glass
  • Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment Ink
  • Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Emerald Creek Baked Texture for sand
  • WOW Twinklebelle glitter
  • McGill Molding Mat and 8MM Ball Tool
  • Olba transparent silicone glue
  • TCW Stencil Mini Moving Vines
  • Simon Says Waves Stencil
  • Copics: E15, YG00, YG25, YG63, YR00, YR02
  • Stampin Up "From Land to Sea" set
  • Memory Box Dies: Reef Border and Frame Set, Seaweed Ribbons, Delicate Coral
  • Message Strip printed from Computer



1 comment:

Lisa Reber said...

This is beautiful Netta!