Sunday, December 30, 2018

Christmas Up Up and Away

I work in an office and I have the BEST boss.  We all love him.  At Christmas we want to get him the #1 gift but every year it is hard to figure out what to get him.  Every once in a while someone comes up with an awesome idea.  This year, I think, was one of those times.  In October 2019, he is planning to go to the big Balloon  Festival in New Mexico so one of my co-workers came up with the idea to get him a gift card to pay for his flight!

The paper I used on this card is from Reminisce Snowflake Ridge paper set.  Oh my gosh...I have to tell you that paper is Gorgeous!   I remember the day when I use to hoard paper/cardstock but I asked myself why?  So... not anymore.   The dies I used on the front is the Sizzix Tim Holtz Merry Moose die set. Isn't it the cutest!  I just had to have it and was worth waiting 3 weeks while it was on backorder.  I made one extra page to the card and placed it before the balloon page so everyone had enough room to write a message to our boss.

I wanted to make a card that would go along with the balloon festival that we all could sign.  I had his emoji he created on his phone and I printed it out to put him in the balloon.  I also found a black and white line image of a balloon.  Once I had that, I was off and running with no real idea of what to do.  Created as I went. You can see in the third photo, the balloon popped up when you opened the card.  I will admit, the cardstock cracked where it bent for the popup but I fixed it by gluing a white piece of cardstock on the inside where no one could see it to make it more stable.  It worked perfectly.

So without further ado.....




2 comments:

Jenny said...

Made me laugh. Great card. Thanks for sharing.

Daria said...

What a fun card! The inside is great--all those clouds that people can use to write their messages. Love it.
Thanks for sharing the details.