Saturday, September 14, 2019

52 CCT September Color Challenge

This week's challenge is a color challenge: black and white.  


This card is a very quick card to make if you are in a hurry to make a few Christmas Cards.  I used a die on black cardstock to cut out the area and backed it with white sparkling cardstock to resemble winter/snow.  I had a slight issue on my plan.  I was going to run out of the white sparkling cardstock to finish cutting out the trees.

Here is a trick that I used on this card to get my extra piece I needed.  If I had glued my black top piece down onto the mat, you would have only seen the sparkling white edge and everything underneath the black would have been wasted. The trick is to cut out the middle.  Just leave enough to glue the top piece down.  In my case, I had to leave some along the top because of the open area on the black cardstock.  It gave me enough to get my trees and words.


This card is so quick, I even did another one with blue and white.


You have to agree though, the black and white, makes such an elegant card.  Please head over to 52 Christmas Card Throwdown as you will find so many inspiring and fabulous cards from the other Design Team members!

https://52cct.blogspot.com/

Thank you for stopping by!
Netta

Amazon

The Paper Studio 
Christmas Cardstock Pack

Impression Obsession Die
Fir Trees

Sizzix Die
Christmas Phrases

Spellbinders Die
Holiday Sentiment






1 comment:

Fabiola said...

quelles silhouettes magnifiques, j'aime beaucoup, simple et superbe, biz