Saturday, September 28, 2019

52 CCT September Technique Challenge

Happy Saturday!  For those of you who have been playing with us at 52CCT, this week is a technique challenge...Easel Cards.  
My card is a step up from just an easel card.  It is called a Swing Easel Card.

 

The close up of the outdoor scene is a Northwoods Rubber Stamp.  If you click on the photo, it will show all the sparkle on the stamped image.  Do you know how hard it is to not touch the image until it completely dries?  Normally I end up touching and messing it up.  So I colored and sparkled up the card before I made the easel card.  It gave it time to dry!


I cut out two Merry Christmas, one in green and one in sparkling white.  I glued the white on top of the green to get a bit of depth on the words.


The cards folds easily to mail in a regular A2 card.


Now, a swing easel card may look intimidating but I found a great video tutorial that walks you through it slowly.  The only difference is the video shows a card that is larger than an A2.  She started out with a 5" x 10" cardstock.  Next time I make one, I am starting with 4 1/4 x 10.  I didn't realize hers was going to be wider until I made mine.  Before I decorated it, I cut it down..equal on both sides to make it 4 1/4 .  You can see the video here

https://52cct.blogspot.com/

I hope you join us with this challenge and be sure to check out the other design team members cards as well! 
Happy Crafting... 
Netta

Northwoods rubber Stamp Company:
#P10553-Winter Church and Stream
Copic Colors:
Y18, R24, R29, B0000, B24, B29,G07 and E #'s 02, 13, 15, 17, 31, 33 and 40
Sparkles:
Stickles Yellow, Nuvo Fresh Snowfall and Wow Glitter Twinklebelle
Spellbinder Die:
Holiday Sentiments
Impression Obsession Die:
Large and Small Poinsettia's Sets
The Paper Studio:
Green and White Sparkle cardstock
Stampin Up Cardstock:
Whisper White

4 comments:

AndrejaM said...

Zelo lepa voščilnica z res zanimivim pregibom. hvala za povezavo do navodil.

oldpunca said...

Fabulous step card! Your coloring is perfect. I like the white poinsettia.
Hugs, Sonja

Fabiola said...

wow Netta, tu n'as pas eu peur de la difficulté, bravo, ta carte est géniale! biz

Andreja said...

Netta, you made such a beautiful festive card with folds :-))