Sunday, April 30, 2023

Letter B/ Black and White Sympathy

 I had to make a few Sympathy cards for a local nursing home.  These were on the simple side.  I have to keep them flat for ease of mailing for the nursing home.  To give a bit of depth, I glued down some punched flowers and add clear sequins.  In the photo they gave a pinkish hue.

I enjoying making sympathy cards for the nursing home.   It's a sad occasion but if my handmade cards brings a smile to someone...even for a moment,....then I have done the job.



They fit perfect for the challenge going on at Alphabet Challenge Blog.  I missed the first one but will go back and finish the A category.  This one was the use of Black and White.

 

Submitted to Challenge

 https://alphabetchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2023/04/b-is-for-black-and-white.html



 

Supplies

Black and White Cardstock 

JustRite Sympathy Handwritten Sentiments Stamp

Penny Black Blossom Branch Stamp

Versafine Ink Onyx Black

Clear Sequins

Fiskars Stitch Border Punch
 
Martha Stewart Punch

Simon Says Stamp Frames Die

2 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful CAS Sympathy card,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

cheiro urgia said...

Your sympathy cards are absolutely stunning, I love the floral motif you used for the occasion. The punched blooms and sequins are a perfect way to incorporate 3D elements while keeping the card as flat as possible. I also like how you made sure to keep lots of white space on your card, including the strip with the sentiment and the punched border. I'm sure your cards will be well received, as it shows that you've put so much thought into them. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika