Friday, April 7, 2023

Fancy Feathers

I recently watched a live class with Gina K.  You can see the recording here.   It was my first time watching her live and I really enjoyed her class.  I have been in a birthday card slump but after watching her class, I had a few ideas!  She used Stamp and Die set Fancy Feathers to create a card so I tried how she did it first. 
My colors I used was Distress Ink colors cracked pistachio, twisted citron and mermaid lagoon.  The white, blue and green cardstock is just some I had in my scrap pile.  The white feather die cuts are two layers glued together.  I do not have a birthday sentiment on it yet as I am not sure who it will go to yet.  I really love the colors.  It goes along with the feeling Spring has Sprung!

 

My next 2 cards used the die but not the feather stamps.  I have a file with a bunch of backgrounds.  Most are just experiments that I saved.  You never know when something might work for a card I am making or to cut a word out.  I had played around with some Ken Oliver Color Burst one day so I pulled out one of the backgrounds I had saved.  I used it for the next two cards.
I also found a sprayed green and blue stencil background in my stash that was perfect for one of the cards. 
 
I used the die to cut out some feathers from the color burst background.  I saved the parts that popped off the feather for my next card.  I also cut out some black feathers and saved the feather edge as well.
  After figuring out where I wanted the feathers to be, I glued down each of the black pieces inside the feathers.  I thought it would take a long time to put all the pieces back but it went smooth.  The birthday layered die is from Paper Roses.  The Happy came from the Altenew Halftone Everything stamp set.


 
My last card came from the same pieces in the above card just in reverse for the feathers.  White circle was cut from My Favorite Things Inside & Out Stitch Circle die.  Dots are Stampendous Dot Sprarklers black stickers.  I love these are they are flat which makes it easier to mail.  The Hey words are stamps from Becky Moore Say It With Stamps Hey/Hello/Hi set.

 
Nice to have 3 more cards to add to my birthday list.  
 
Netta

 

No comments: