Tuesday, October 16, 2018

52 CCT Challenge-October Color-Take 2

I decided to give the silver challenge another go (see prior post


This time I used Distress Oxides colors Seedless Preserves, Lucky Clover, Twisted Citron and Mustard Seed.  I just kept coloring all over the white square with different colors until it was filled and I was satisfied with the color.  I had no idea if this next idea would work but I decided to give it a try.

I wet a paper towel & folded it to make it like an ink pad.  I stamped a pine branch stamp against the wet paper towel to "ink" it up and set it down onto the paper...letting it set for a moment before lifting it off.  I had a dry paper towel which I padded gently after each time I inked with water.  I was a bit disappointed my idea did not work until it began to dry and I could see it was doing exactly as I hoped. It had lifted just enough color and if you look close you can see the pine bough marks behind the ornaments.  I wanted the effect of Christmas tree boughs and the hint of color from Christmas tree lights bouncing off the boughs.

All in all...I was quite happy with the results!
I will be adding this to the challenge at http://52cct.blogspot.com as well.

Happy Crafting!

Netta


No comments: