Monday, October 22, 2018

52 CCT Challenge-October Theme

Update!  
My card was chosen as the winner for this October Pet Theme!

  




This weeks challenge at 52cct.blogspot.com is about theme's and the theme is Pets.  I had to dig hard to find something that was considered a pet and not a wild animal like a polar bear, deer or moose.  I finally remembered I had bought a set of stamps last year from Art Impressions called "Santa Paws Set".  As a matter of fact...I liked this set so much I bought it twice!  LOL  Gave the other set to another friend.  

I used the group stamp in this set and the words "Happy Howl-idays!".  I also used two stamps from a Stampin Up set called "Winter Woods".  I used the mask technique so the trees look like they are behind the group of dogs. 

I got to play with my Derwent Inktense 36 pencils for this card.  It's been a long time since I pulled them out and I think I will do more with them.  After the card was put together, I used Nuvo Crystal Drops "Simple White" for the fur on the hats and for snow.  The snow on the ground and tree were sprinkled with a dusting of sparkle while wet & then extra knocked off.  I only wanted a hint of sparkle.  Snow falling was just a white pen.

Well I am off to go add this to Christmas Card Throwdown for pets. 
Hope to see you there too!

Netta





No comments: