Saturday, February 9, 2019

52 CCT February Color Challenge

The color challenge this time is Green and Silver.  I struggled with this one a bit.  I knew green could be used for trees but what would the silver be?
Finally came up with this creation.



The tree is a stamp set I have had for a number of years from Close to my Heart "Greeting Tree".   I stamped the tree on white cardstock with Memento Bamboo Leave color and fussy cut it out...including the the areas that was left white.  I wanted the black to show through instead of the white. 
 I glued it down and stamped the swirl with versarmark over it so I could heat emboss it with silver.  The Joy came from Inkadinkado "Calligraphy Experessions" stamp set, which I also did with versamark and heat embossed in silver.
These two stamp sets are so old, I have no idea if you can even buy them anymore.  
I finished off the card with tiny silver marker dots all over the card.

I punched out an edge of silver trees to go across the inside of the card.  The punch was an EK punch called "Alpine Trail Edger".

I hope you join us all over at 52CCT with the latest challenge.


  Plenty of creations to look at and get you going.
Thank you for stopping by!








2 comments:

Fabiola said...

Quel sapin superbe, élégant et moderne à la fois, très jolie carte Netta, biz

AlisonC said...

Great idea. It's hard, sometimes, to use other peoples colour choices. x