Saturday, February 23, 2019

52 CCT February Recycling Challenge

Stash= cache, hoard, stock, stockpile, store, supply, accumulation, collection, pool, reserve  
We all know this term very well!
Who does not have a stash of something in our craft room?  Ribbon?  Cardstock? Buttons? Brads?

The challenge this week at 52cct.com is to use up some stash.  Where do I begin?  I have so much!  I finally pulled out my Christmas container that is filled with items I have collected for over 20 years ago to get some inspiration.

I narrowed on few that I have had for years.  They came from a kit of Christmas items.  I broke the kit up over time and have used pieces of it here and there over time.

I used white cardstock and an embossing folder from Embossalicious.  I swiped Distress Ink Walnut Stain over the folder and embossed the cardstock for the background.  Wiped the edge with E-Z Walnut Ink and glued it down onto a dark brown cardstock. The star and noel word had holes for brads to hold them onto the paper.  Instead of using brads, I used Starform Stickers over the holes and glued them down with Ranger Glossy Accents. It works well with metal.  The evergreens & red flowers came from a mix of dies from several companies. 

I created the book to look like it had several pages with the scrap ribbon I found in my stash as a bookmark.  I was lucky to find a piece of cardstock that had many bits and pieces of songs and poems from Christmas.  It worked well for my book.

Here is the finished project for the Stash challenge.

The challenge was a great way to use up old scraps and get another card done!  
Come on join and us.  Love to see what you would do.




3 comments:

AlisonC said...

What a gorgeous little book and I love the greenery. We are using our stash little by little. x

Fabiola said...

Quel joli recyclage à Netta, chic et charmant, biz

Rosmarie said...

You put a lot of beautiful things on your Christmas card, Netta! I particulary like the tiny book, its a real eye-catcher! Great recycling in any case!
Rosi xx