Saturday, February 16, 2019

52 CCT February Theme Challenge

I was inspired to make this card from a painting of trees and behind the trees were many colors in the sky. 
 Perfect for the 52CCT challenge, which is Winter trees.


I used Distress Oxide ink and Memory Box "Garden Birch Trees" stencil to get the background of trees.  To get the snowy hills, I just hand-cut paper and used white embossing paste with palette knife to pat it all over the areas to get mounds of snow.  On top of the paste I used a little bit of glitter glue to get the sparkle.  

Did you notice that many of the dies with stitches, cut the design out but they leave the stitch design behind? It does not make sense!  Example...I have the My Favorite Things Die-Namics.  I used it to cut out the words for my card.  I was thinking I was going to have a nice stitching design the saying. You can imagine my disappointment after cutting them out, all the stitching was left behind.  I glued my saying down and cut out another on dark blue cardstock.  I glued the stitching down around my saying after I fussy cut it out.  I have a few dies that are like that.  Just seems backwards to me!

I hope you are following along and joining in each week.  It's a great way to get those Christmas cards done a little at a time!
Please share if you do.  I would love to see what you make



Thank you for peaking in today!  Have a great crafting day..



4 comments:

Fabiola said...

j'aime ces couleurs chaleureuses Netta, quelle lumière s'échappe de cette foret! biz

AlisonC said...

A stunning sky behind your beautiful trees. A fab look. I know what you mean about the dies! x

AndrejaM said...

Nice colorfull background!

Kelly said...

love the background colors. Very pretty. Creative Blessings! Kelly