Saturday, May 27, 2023

Letter D for Dragonfly Birthday

This will make a great Masculine birthday card I think and I have a few of those coming up over the summer.  I have enjoyed playing along with the Alphabet Challenge as it is giving me a chance to pull out stamps and supplies I have not used in a while!  

The boat, dragonfly and cattails image was all one stamped image on white cardstock.  I stamped in black and re-stamped again with Versamark so I could heat emboss.  I wanted it to stand out a little more than if I had just stamped it down flat.  I colored the image with my Copic Markers and fussy cut it out.  I printed the sun out with my computer and used Copic markers for the water.  I also added a touch of white pen to resemblance a few small waves.  Next I glued down the image.  I randomly stamped cattails along the bottom, Happy Birthday at the top and another small dragonfly with black ink.  I was so glad I recently picked up a new set of Happy Birthday Stamps as the hollow one from the set worked perfect. I wanted to be able to see the sun in part of it.  

Of course, it's a birthday card and birthday cards needs some sort of glitter/sparkle so the wings have a small amount of glitter on them.

It took two tries to get the sun printed the right size but overall I am very happy with how it came out.

Now done with letter D and I can't wait for letter E.  

 

Submitted to Challenge

https://alphabetchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2023/05/d-is-for-dragonflies.html


 

Supplies:
 
White Cardstock
Stickles Eucalyptus Glitter
Papertrey Ink Birthday Your Way Stamp Set
Impression Obsession Change the World Stamp Set For Dragonflies
Impression Obsession Lighthouse Stamp set for Cattails
Versafine Onyx Black
Sun by PngWing
VersaMark Watermark stamp pad
Arteza White Gel Pen 1.0mm
Copic Markers YG11,BG75,B000, B21, E13, E15
Heat Gun
Clear Embossing Powder
Misti
Tim Hotz Small Scissors

 

2 comments:

Lynda said...

What a gorgeous scene. Love the use of the computer image for the background, which really makes your image stand out. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Helen said...

What a fabulous scene - so well put together.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x
DT