Saturday, May 6, 2023

Emboss it, Drag It, Glue It, Mail It

I just love this card but of course brown and blues are my all time favorite combo.  The folder I used is absolutely beautiful even left with just white cardstock but I felt like experimenting.  Remember, it is a 3D folder so you need to mist the cardstock lightly with water before you emboss.  That will stop the cardstock from cracking.
  Once dried (only a few moments), I used the Simon Hurley Lunar Paste and a paint brush to color in the flowers.  I didn't like it so I tried dragging the ink pad over it to see how the colored flowers would look then.  Still didn't like it so it went in the trash.  Next I dragged the ink pad across another white embossed cardstock, going down and across until I was satisfied with the look.  All total I think I dragged it like 10 times.  
Look at that detail on those flowers!!
 
 I love how it just made the flowers pop but to me it still needed some color.  Since I had the Lunar Paste out, I tried brushing it in the center and that did it for me.  Just enough color.  I put the dots back in the flower with a sepia pen as they were were filled in with paste.  I cut a white mat and just finger colored the edge of the mat with paste and on a white scrap for the flag.  Happy Birthday was glued down flat but the flag was raised up with pop dots.

The Simon Hurley paste has such a pretty metallic shine to it so I took another picture with a bit stronger light to show you the shine it gives off on all the blue.  It is so pretty and shiny!

 

There is a trick that I have used for years with all my sentiment dies.  I cut out all the sentiments in the set and space them out on a laminate sheet to preserve them for future use. The sheet, once done fits in the holder I have for that die set to keep them together. I place the laminated sheet on the card to get an idea if it will fit with what I want.  It has been really helpful to me over the years so I wanted to share the tidbit with you.

This card is actually a very simple card and you do not need a ton of supplies to create it.  If you are looking to make a fast but pretty card, then give this technique a try!  Emboss, drag, glue and mail.
 

Supplies

Whte and Brown Cardstock

Creative Expressions 3D Embossing Folder -Cosmos Bouquet

Versafine Vintage Sepia Stamp Pad

Nuvo Light Mist Spray Bottle with Water

PaperCrafter Free Sentiment Dies

Rangers "Simon Hurley" Lunar Paste-Clear Skies

Small paint brush

EK Success "Martha Stewart" Sepia Writing Pen

Pop Ups

No comments: