Monday, May 29, 2023

52CC-May Stash -Using up that Glitter

Use it up is the theme this week.  Those who know me well...knows full well how much stuff is in my craftroom that could be used up!  

*please click on the photos to see each photo better*

First thing I thought of was Jennifer Mcguire's video I watched a few weeks ago.  Use up that glitter was her theme. You can see it here on how she made her card... 

https://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2023/05/use-up-your-glitter.html.

It was very easy to follow and not that much of a mess.  The hardest part for me was to find a background die! Cut out the die and place it down onto a piece of cardstock that had an adhesive sheet on it.  Smash glitter into all the areas that was still open.  That was it!

 I had a piece of blue metallic cardstock left over from a project and white glitter from years ago that I used. I also found a package of Stampin Up Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets NEVER OPENED from several years ago too!  The white card base was also from my stash.  I had measured and put my fold on the wrong spot so I just stuck it in my pile to use up someday.  I made that work as my base.  It was very short on one side and I had enough of the blue metallic cardstock, so I placed a strip along the wider edge.

This card is so pretty.  Here is a close up so you can see the sparkle from all that glitter.  It looks like I used a glitter background but this way I am using up some of that glitter I have been hoarding for so long.


I had so much fun, I decided to make another one but this time for a birthday card.
I just love the look of the ink color and glitter on the background.
 
 
I started out with blending in the colors on the white cardstock..blue, yellow, orange and red.  Next layers are the adhesive, background die cut and then glitter.  I used the same step as the video.
It truly is pretty in person!
 


 

Submitted Christmas Card to Challenge

https://52cct.blogspot.com/2023/05/may-stash-challenge.html 


 

 

Supplies From My Stash:
 
                  Christmas Card
White Cardstock
Metallic Blue Cardstock
White Glitter (so old I do not know the company)
Stampin Up Beautiful Blizzard Sentiment
Stampin Up Blueberry Bushel Ink
Snowflake Background Die (Company Unknown)
Stampin Up Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets 

Birthday Card
White and Black Cardstock
Enjoy stamp set (Company unknown)
Top Dog Flower Lace A2 Mat Die 
Nuvo Sparkle Dust Glitter
Memento Ink:  Danube Blue, Dandelion,Tangelo, Lady Bug


 


3 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Netta... absolutely love this combination of glitter and Mirracard! Just beautiful. Thank you so much for joining and sharing at Christmas Card Throwdown this week!

Kathy said...

Netta, What a great job making this gorgeous card using your scraps. Both cards are beautiful. Thanks for playing along this week at 52 CCT. Smiles, Kathy DT

Majda said...

Beautiful design and colours!
Thank you for joining the Christmas Card Throwdown.
Majda DT