Sunday, May 21, 2023

3 Dimensional Tree Card

I love purples and blues on a Christmas card because I think they give off the sense of cold.  In my neck of the woods, we do have cold during that time and I love it!

No stamping on this card.  Just die cutting.

I die cut 3 sets of trees and used Distress Oxide with a blending brush to get a two-tone color the trees.  I also used the same colors to do the background of the base.  

First layer, which was the tallest trees in the back, was glued down, Next layer, was popped up with skinny pop dots. Last layer had a thicker pop dots.  It gives each set of trees dimension.

I wanted the very front (deer and Merry Christmas) to be the deeper purple but the Merry Christmas blended in too much.  I had a deeper purple Glitter so I used that and wrote over the top of it.

I tried to make Bokeh circles like the photo below by using water, the eraser part of a pencil and a dropper  to get smaller dots on the base background. 


 Submitted to Challenge

https://christmaskickstartchallenge.blogspot.com/2023/05/challenge-74-colour-palette-fun.html

 



 

Supplies

Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock for Base

Scrap Deep Purple Cardstock

 Distress Oxide  Ink: Habanero, Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves,Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass

Stickles Dark Blue
 
No Name Merry Christmas Die

Impression Obession Deer Trio Die
 
Sizzix Tim Holtz Treeline Die
 
Water

Pop Dots
 
Blending Brushes

2 comments:

papierelle said...

The unusual colors give your card something very special and the wintry scene looks calm and peaceful.
I am very happy that you are playing with Jo and me at the Kickstart Challenge. Gundi

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Gundi and me, Netta. I love how you've used the colour combo to such perfect effect, Jo x