Saturday, May 2, 2009

National Scrapbooking Day (NSD)

Every year on the first Saturday in May, Scrapbookers have their own holiday. It is National Scrapbooking Day. I did a bit of research to see when it first begin. National Scrapbook Day was started in 1994 by Creative Memories, the very well-known scrapbooking company. Scrappers from all over the world celebrate their passion on this day scrapbooking with friends, at crops or alone. Also, I noticed there are many companies celebrating this day with some great sales! Why do I Scrapbook? I have invested a lot of money and time in my memories...I want to remember every moment...scrapbooking allows the story behind my photos to be told....every memorable detail to be included. Future generations will not be clueless. Physically I won't always be here...but with my albums, I will. How did I begin? I give that credit to my baby sister Brenda... I got a phone call one day begging me to go to a "scrapbook" party that afternoon...I had no idea what a "scrapbook" party was and it did not sound interesting at all. Brenda said "I just need one more body or she will not do it!!"...I finally could not resist her. (Little did I know she used the same line on a few others!). I told her "I will go but I am not buying anything!"...as she hung up I heard her say "it will cost you $10 but you get a pair of scissors...". Grrrrrrr....I knew it would cost me in the long run...but I had no idea....it was just the beginning... I have been scrapbooking now since early 1990 and card making since 2005. I have an eclectic style when I scrapbook. Always looking for something new. Exploring new techniques. I hope all you Scrappers did not let the day go without creating one or two layouts. I scrapped alone but I did join in with a couple of yahoo groups and worked on some challenges. Here are some pages that I scrapped today.
I hope you enjoyed this year's National Scrapbooking Day!

1 comment:

Danni said...

Oh your layouts are gorgeous! Oh so precious!!