Monday, August 19, 2013

May the Wind Always Be At Your Back...

My brother loves to ride and does so at every moment.  I knew I needed to make him a birthday card about riding.  I found a free digital image online and it was perfect although I had no idea what the rest of the card would be! 

It took me a couple of quick image prints to get the correct size for the A2 size card I wanted to make.  I got a photo of him by his bike for all the colors and colored the image with my touch markers.  After I was done, I cut the image out.  The image had hair but I hand cut out a bandana  & glued it down on the head like he wears it.  I also put his initials on the pocket of the jacket. With my favorite white pen, I created the beard he has in the picture.  With pop dots stuck to the back of the image and I set it off to the side.  
Not sure why I could not get a good picture but the brown on the bike is actual silver and the grayish is actually black!



I grabbed a couple of stamps, sponges, ink and scrap paper to create the background.  
If you look at the photos, you can see where I even made reflection of the weeds in the water.  To make the reflection, I stamped with the blue on the back of a piece of plastic.  Because the plastic is so slippery, I pressed the image down very carefully onto the water but opposite of the weeds. 

The cardstock was folded to form an A2 Easel Card.  I matted the background on black and glued it down onto the Easel card.  The biker was stuck down on the background.  


 It looked funny with a biker standing in front of water, so I sponged black along the bottom to look like dirt.  To continue the land out from the water edge, I made the rest look like a highway and a great scenery for a biker to stop and rest!

 I had some yellow tape that I layered on black paper to make a road.  The words were printed out with my Cricut and sponged with ink to look the background.


I had one issue....Somehow, even with measuring, I stamped the Happy Birthday too low, but I still think it came out well!  






I know he will enjoy receiving the card just as much I enjoyed making it for him.  

*Happy Birthday Big Brother*

*S*
Netta


No comments: