Saturday, March 9, 2024

Friday's Stampers - Brads or Rivets

 Another card group done and the theme was rivets or brads.  

I did faux brads on my sample.  Mine was used on the dot for the I.

  Faux brads are when you punch out two circles from heavy cardstock and glue them together.  Once dry, set it upside down on a piece of sponging surface. Using a metal ball that is used to make flowers,  press into the middle until the two glued pieces take the shape of a dome.  


You can use a lot of liquid glue, small pop dot or a glue dot to hold it onto your card.  

I used Xyron to cover an A2 mat and used strips to cover it, creating different patterns on each. This is a great way to use up scraps of plain or printed cardstock.  On one card, I left a space of white glued mat and burnished fine glitter into between the strips.  

Turned out very pretty!  Just a hint of sparkle.

 The Hi frame from Scrapbook.com Die "Hi" was glued flat down on top. The whole colored mat was glued down onto an A2 card base.  I did not place any words on 3 of the cards to wait and see how I would use them.  The 4th one has "I just wanted to say Hi friend".  The faux brad was colored on some and some I left white.

Here are all the ones I did...


 Here are the rest of the cards the group all came up with!






 
I have lots of strips left over and maybe I will do Floating Strips Technique to give that a try....but until next time....happy crafting!
Netta

No comments: