Sunday, June 25, 2023

52CCT Distress Ink Blending Snowy Christmas Sunset

 I love this forest and deer stamp and have used it quite a bit. I have had it for years. I love that it can be used for any time of year as it has nothing to do with winter ...unless you add snow!  It would be a perfect masculine card as well.  

 I had an image in mind, on what my card should look like but it took me 3 tries!  My first time I didn't like the colors. It looked like mud as I blended.  Second time I realized I should have stamped the image last as the distress ink made it look like more muted grayish instead of a nice black as I blended.  Three times is the charm they say!

After I was happy with the ink blending for the land, water and sky, I used the sun and ray stencil with the same Squeezed Lemonade and blended it so it went up into the sky.  

After I did the rays I lightly went back over with the pink and blue in the sky again to blend the rays in a little.  On the actual card, the rays are more faint than in the photograph.  I made sure to stamp the image 4 times.  Two times first and then I moved the image over to the left edge to fill in the rest of the land and trees. I stamped 2 more times for the edge.  I wanted that dark crisp black.  Next, came the snow falling and that was white paint splatted with an old toothbrush I keep in my art supplies.  A little trick I learned from back in the day when I learned how to oil paint.  I believe I was around 11 or 12 at the time.  I also used THE BEST EVER white gel pen to make snow...Arteza White Gel Pen.  I have used this type a lot over the years and this brand never fails me!

Can you believe half the year is not even here yet and I almost have all my Christmas cards done!  This is the very first time I am not scrambling in November.  

Where are you at?  Have you even started yet? 

*smile*

 

 Submitted To Challenge

 


 

Supplies

  • Fun Stampers Journey Stay Wild Stamp
  •  Distress Oxide: Faded Jeans, Squeezed Lemonda, Pumice Stone,Stormy Sky, Picked Raspberry
  •  Blended Brushes
  • Neenah Solar White Cardstock
  • Navy Cardstock
  • Christmas Words Company Unknown
  • Precise V5 Rolly Penn Extra Fine
  • Tempera Primary White Paint for snow 
  • American Crafts Pack of 3 Where to Next Stencil for sun rays
  • Arteza White Gel Pen

6 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Netta... simply beautiful! The colors of the sky are wonderful especially with the added effects of the rays. Stamp is great... you are right...hang on to it! Also thanks for the tip on the white gel pen, I am going to check it out. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Christmas Card Throwdown this week.

Lily-by-Gilly said...

Your card has the real wow factor - the ink blending looks amazing! So glad you stuck with it, I think it turned out beautifully. Good to hear you have almost all your Christmas cards done Netta - no November scrambling! We have lots more challenges to help you, so I hope you'll join us again at 52 CCT. Gill, DT

Rosmarie said...

Wow Netta, you did a splendid winter sky with the ink blending technique!! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x

Blažka said...

I love your colour palette. It's wonderful! And, yes playing for 52CCT is sure thing to have cards done before November... :D

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card! Your ink blending is fantastic! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

Kathy said...

Gorgeous and so well done. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us this week at 52 CCT. Smiles, Kathy