Monday, June 26, 2023

Stenciling Flowers for a Friend

This Altenew stencil is probably one of my top go-to stencils that I use.  I am addicted to flowers. 

 Flowers Dies, Flower Stencils, Flower Stamps.  I have plenty!

I made this card to send to a friend....which we...in the craft world,,,,call it a RAK.

​noun. DEFINITIONS1. 1. random act of kindness: something you do for somebody in order to help them or to cheer them up.

or.........just because! (I added that definition lol)

 
I think it is just so pretty.  
The words were printed on vellum with my computer.  I have learned in the past, heat emboss the printed words or it will never dry or will smudge.  You can't tell but I have a hint of sparkle in the embossing powder that was not done on purpose.  Years ago,  I emptied my black embossing powder into a smaller container that happen to contain a small amount of glitter embossing powder.  The two mixed and voila!  Ever so lightly...sparkling black. 

I used the stencil and softly stenciled in one corner on the inside of the card, using less and less ink to fade out.


I will be popping this into the mail for her tomorrow!
 
 

Submitted to Challenge

https://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/2023/06/hls-june-stencil-challenge.html




Supplies

    Altenew Layered Dahlia Stencil
     Distress Oxide:Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass, Mermaid Lagoon
     Blended Brushes
    Neenah Solar White Cardstock
    Dark Blue Cardstock
    Vellum
    Computer Print
    Black Embossing Powder
    The Paper Studio





1 comment:

Nandini said...

Ver beautiful and elegant! Great to see you in the HLS gallery. I hope you will join us again soon! Nandini - DT