Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Faux Leather and Tool Belt

Do you all find it as difficult as I do when it comes to ideas on masculine cards? My father-in-law is a "fix-it" man. There isn't anything he throws away...it can be taken apart, reused and rebuilt so this card was perfect for him. To begin I needed paper that looked like leather and of course...out of my entire stash I did not have any. Easy to fix...I made my own. A bit time consuming but the result was just what I was looking for...
Wet Brown paper Crinkled wet paper into a tight ball Opened paper up and laid it as flat as I could Swiped Brown Ink across the creases Iron the paper flat until it dried Wiped versamark ink all over it
let dry and cut out my pieces.
Before I glued my pieces down...I used faux stitching along the tool belt pieces and I also inserted my larger and smaller brads to resemble the rivots. I was lucky to find some left over stickers of tools to slip into the pockets! The only stamping was the word DAD on the tag. He loved the card very much. Happy Birthday Dad!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

This is fantastic, Netta. Really outstanding work.