Wednesday, November 6, 2013

2 Poinsettias: Metal Gold and Backing

Backing Poinsettia?  
Your saying what does that mean?
Read on....
When I cleaned my craft room and discovered new old toys to play with...one of those was sheets of self stick metal sheets in the most beautiful bright reds, greens, golds and blue.  
I used one of the golds and ran it through the Cuttlebug with the SU embossing folder "Petals-a-Plenty".  I cut it in 1/2.

Stuck 1/2 down on red cardstock that was folded into an A2  card.  Cut scrap striped paper and placed it onto the other 1/2.

My poinsettia is Spellbinders Shapeabilities Layered Poinsettia Die.  Because it is self stick, it was easy to layer each piece down.  In the middle I found a gold self stick bling that was left over from a project 2 years ago.  The best thing was pressing right down in the middle on the bling made the leaves pop up and look more 3D.

Winter Blossoms came from an old set of Close to my Heart Stamp set "Winter Blossoms".  I found where someone was selling it on Etsy but I don't think it is a set sold anymore.  


Now comes the explanation of the Backing Poinsettias.
As I was cleaning up...I discovered when I pealed the backing off the metal sheets...I naturally had another Poinsettia already created!!!  One side was very waxy, shiny and pretty.  The other side was like paper.  All I needed to do was to glue it down but making sure I had the waxy side up!  

When creating....even waste can be made into something beautiful!!  I wished that I had thought of using the backing off the gold pieces.  By then they had been thrown away and was not useable.  


I was concerned about making enough cards for this year but I think I am actually going to make it1

Hugs
Netta

No comments: