Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentines Day!!

All you need is Love....
but a little chocolate now and then never hurts!
I made some Valentines for my Grandchildren last weekend but wanted to wait and share today for Valentine's Day.  I needed 4 but had made 1 a couple of weeks ago.  So during the weekend I made 3 additional I needed.
They were all made with free digitals that I printed by using Microsoft Word to get the size I wanted.   The first digital was a free digital at Treasure Box Gems.  I used a Decoupage technique of laying on the image.   Two images were printed and colored.  On the 2nd image (see 2nd image of close up) I cut out just what I needed and used thin pop up to set exactly back over the correct area.  I used a Red  Zig Wing of Stella brush that gave the heart the perfect amount of glitter.  I was able to actually catch the glitter for once!  




 My grandson is big on dinosaurs right now so I found this image from a kids coloring book online.  I was able to insert it into Microsoft word to get the size I wanted.  He was colored with markers and cut out.  I used the same Wink of Stella red marker on the heart. To get the greenish sparkly on his back, I used a kleenex that was bunched up to make the edges very uneven and held it down with one hand over the bottom part of the dinosaur.  I sprayed the exposed image ...which included my fingers!...with a little bit of Glimmer Mist Green and then with a little of Glimmer Mist Blue. 


Next image was another free image from kids coloring page online which I inserted on Microsoft Word, printed, colored and cut out.  This one I felt was perfect for my older Grandson with the jeans and sneakers.


For the two littlest grandkids, I put five $1 bills in each of their cards because little kids love to count or see "more".  It's more fun to open a card like that than a card with a $5 bill in it.  That is what the two oldest grandkids got...the $5 bill.  

The mail arrived faster than I thought as I mailed it off on Tues thinking it would arrive on Saturday but actually was received Friday.  

Have a wonderful Valentine's Crafty Day!





No comments: