Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Colorful Birthday


A few months ago I went to 2 different classes to learn how to use Color Burst at My Favorite Things craft store.  I had so much fun and I got to meet Ken Oliver...the creator of Color Burst! 


 Ken is a very interesting person and such a comedian.  If you ever get the chance, go to one of his classes.  You won't regret it!  We created all day and we laughed a lot.  The day went by too fast.
 I picked up some Color Burst and used my knowledge at home.  I was able to make a CAS card (clean and simple).  CAS cards are difficult for me but with the color burst backgrounds, it feels much more I guess.  
With one of my background experiments, I used a die from My Favorite Things called "Happy Birthday Block Die" and cut out the letters.  I used the same die to cut out the letters on white cardstock and on a teal sparkle cardstock.  I replaced the letters that were cut out on the white cardstock with my Color Burst letters and teal letters.  Clean and Simple.


Here is a picture of some backgrounds we did when I went to Ken's classes.  

 Layering colors, wet-on-wet, stenciling, spritz and sprinkle, wax resist....just so addicting to watch the colors come to life.

Thank you for stopping by....

Netta


No comments: