Saturday, September 7, 2019

52 CCT September Sketch Challenge

Sketch Time over at 52CCT!
I can't believe we are into September challenges with only 12 weeks left for me to get all my cards done.  Pressure is on!

I saw a lady on youtube who created a fairy card with a moon that was created after the background was done.  I thought that was very different from what I have always done.  Normally I tack down a circle, make my background and then pull off the circle.  I did not do my card like her's (background technique) but I did use her idea of creating the moon after she created the background.


I knew in my head how I wanted to do the sketch. 


I wanted a big moon to be the circle of the card.  First I used White Mask Liquid Frisket and splattered it on the card.  Once it dried completely, I used Distress Oxide Inks with a sponge to make the background.  I used my Light Mister Spray Bottle Tim Holtz gave us in a class I went to and sprayed a small amount of water on the background.  Once that dried, I finished up the moon.  I cut out a thin but sturdy piece of plastic and placed it where I wanted the moon.  Used a small amount of Oxide Black Soot and sponge around the outside edge.  It gave the moon a bit of dept.  Removed the circle and sponged a small amount of Antique Linen and very little Mustard Seed along the top and side of the moon.

After background was done, I rubbed the mask off and it left white flecks like snow falling.  On the moon I had to redo some of the snow with a white gel pen as some of the mask had rubbed off and I did not catch that.  
Finished off the rest of the card and here is my result!


I can't wait to see what you come up with on your version of this sketch!
Have a super crafting day!
Netta

Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks:  
antique linen, stormy sky, black soot, salty ocean, tumbled glass, peacock feathers, mustard seed
Stampin Up Rubber Stamps:
Holiday Home for Santa and sentiment
My Favorite Things:
Stylish Snowflakes Die, Window Die, 
Tim Holts Sizzix Die:
Tree Line
Cardstock:
White, Blue Glitter

2 comments:

Andreja said...

WoW Netta, what a beautiful card you made and I love the background :-)) I like how you take the sketch!
HUgs, Andreja

Fabiola said...

j'aime ta carte Netta, c'est ton idée de lune qui m'a inspirée, biz