Thursday, September 5, 2019

Christmas Sparkle

I think I have said this before but I really need to step up how many cards I make for Christmas.  I have 15 weeks left for the deadline and I need at least 2 a week.  For inspiration, I turned to ABC Christmas Challenge.  I had forgotten about this gem of a blog!  The challenge going on right now is S and T.  S for sparkle and T for texture.  I decided to go with sparkle for now and maybe texture next. 


It's so hard for me and I find it so difficult to get sparkle to show on camera so if anyone has a clue what to do, please let me know!  
This card has a lot of nice sparkle to it.  It started with a bridge fold card.  I pulled it out of my "junk box" where I put all my pieces that are mistakes.  I always find a way to use the mistake.  
I struggled with this card because I had no idea what I wanted to do. It took me 3 days to get this together (lol) but I think it came together nicely.  I am pleased.


Isn't that little elf cute?  After I colored him, I backed him with another piece of cardstock to make him sturdy as does not have any support on most of his body.


The next two pictures show how you can fold this down to place in an A2 card.  You should be able to press it down either way easily.



The back of the card is a great place to write what you want and to place your signature stamp.  I have to give kuddos to my big brother for coming up with my stamp aNettacard many many years ago.  He told me one day he opened a card from me and said "Oh look it's anotherNettacard.  He shortened it down "a Netta card".  My original stamp finally wore down so I just recently got this stamp from Rubber Stamps.



Thank you for stopping by.  I am off to go add this card to the ABC Christmas Challenge blog.

Netta

Stampendous:
Seated Elf Stamp

Stamping Up Dies:
Flourish and Quilt Builder

Free Die from Papercrafter Magazine #112:
Christmas Snow Globe

Cardstock:
Teal Blue Glitter paper
White Cardstock
Reminisce Snowflake Ridge Paper Kit

Copic Colors:
B0000, B00,B02, E000, E02, E13, R00

Stickles:
Turquoise

2 comments:

Zw@@n said...

Oh my, that is a gorgeous card, Netta. Beautiful colours/papers and I love that cute elf. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous, festive card, Netta! Love all the sparkle and your elf looks so cute sitting on the edge of your card. That card fold is fabulous too!
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.