Monday, December 30, 2019

Nursing Home Watercolor Christmas Class

I was asked if I would go over to a local nursing home at the end of November and have a little class with a small group as an activity.  I had made a watercolor card (can be seen here --> Nov Technique) and thought it would be fun to do with the group. I wanted to share the end result with you.  I had all the supplies cut and ready for them.  I also printed out some examples of the Northern Lights.  
As it turns out...I didn't need examples!  This group had so much fun making their backgrounds and they did it their way!  I had an amazing time helping them create their masterpiece.


Watching these 80-90 year old creating their cards and having so much fun was such a joy. They did not care if the glue got on the edge and you could see it.  They did not care if their frame was a little crooked.  They did not care if they got ink fingerprints on the edge.  They had fun.  Some comments and questions I heard them say was....
"How do you give away your cards after you are done?" 
"I am going to get a frame and hang it up!"
"This was so much fun!"
"I have to really think about the special person to get my card."

It brought me down a level and reminded me to Just-Have-Fun.

Netta

No comments: