Sunday, February 22, 2009

Plain VS Fancy

A few days ago, I made a card using the image "Lost in Thought". I colored it with my prisma colored pencils. The gold has a layer of Shimmerz painted over it. (Some day I will figure out how to get that nice shimmer to show up when I take a photo!) I knew the card was very plain. I joined the group Susana's Custom Art & Card Design at Paper Craft Planet and there was a challenge due today. The challenge was to use the sketch to create a card using an image from Susana's store.
It was perfect for what I needed to put a little life to the card. I tore the card apart and redid it to match the challenge. With a few flowers and a branch or two...it really dressed it up. Typically I do not make my images angled. I tend to go for the cards that are straight and even. I liked the card I made prior, but now I love it! Plain vs Fancy? Fancy gets my vote on this one.
SUPPLIES: *Lost In Thought Stamp *Staz-on *Colored with Prisma Colored Pencils * Prima Flowers *Gold Stickles for center of flowers * Metallic, white and purple cardstock * Martha's Stewart branch punch * Shimmerz-candle light

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I love both cards, Netta, but the fancy one is exceptional. Gorgeous!!!

Kim said...

I love the transformation of this card. I liked the card before, but it is fantastic now.