Thursday, March 19, 2009

March MCE-Smoosh Technique

I joined the MCE-which means Monthly Card Exchange. I am giving a name of a person I make and send a card too. Someone else will get my name and send me one. Sometimes there is a theme and sometimes there is not. March did not have a theme. The bird card is the card I made and sent out.
Technique I used to make the background is called "Smoosh Technique". Don't you love the name Smoosh?
First you want to lay two pieces of glossy cardstock on newspaper as the color will spill over off the cardstock.
Spritzed water on them. Drop two or three colors of reinkers on one.
I spritzed water again lightly on the glossy cardstock with the reinkers. It made the colors spread out.
Now lay the other glossy cardstock on top and press down. I used my brayer to roll back and forth. It will push out the extra water and color.
Now pull apart and let dry.
Now spray Krylon Web Spray on top of the background and let that dry. You will have enough background to do a couple of cards.
The Bunny and the basket is the card I received in returned. Joyce did a wonderful job. I really like my card!! She left it blank inside so that I could use it for Easter but of course I will not give it away!! Thank you Joyce for the beautiful card.
Supplies *Inkadinkado "Amy Smyth Made It" Bird Stamp and Word Stamp *Krylong White Webbings Spray *Yellow & Blue Cardstock (unknown) *Colorbok Metal Dots *Twinkling H2O's (all of the following use Stamping Up) *Reinkers-Ballet Blue, YoYo Yellow, Not Quite Navy *Glossy White *Markers-Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie

3 comments:

Danni said...

Love this card, Netta! The background is so pretty!! Great job!

Kim said...

Great job on this card Netta. The background is great. I have never tried this technique, but you can bet I will soon.

Shelly said...

Love the card, Netta. That is the most beautiful Smoosh background I've ever seen.