Saturday, March 28, 2009

Birthday for The Boss

When there is a birthday at work, we start our work day by celebrating the birthday with cards and snacks. I have been making my own cards for about 2 years now. This is a card I made my boss last month. It took me 3 hours to make this card because I just could not get it to look right! I used my Cuttlebug and Nestability to cut out the window and to make the window edging. I stamped the cattail weeds, cut them out and glued them down. For the cattail ends I used a slot punch and glued them down on the weeds. Dragonfly was stamped and embossed on vellum. I have popdots under the wings to keep them up off the card. I used sponge to color the sunset, stampd the weeds and used the slot punch again to make the cattails. Supplies *Martha Stewart Border Punch * Cuttlebug *Nestability *DragonFly stamps unknown *Hot Off The Press Word & Scroll stamp *Cardstock: Unknown Following From Stampin Up *Slot Punch *Inspired By Nature Stamp *Classic Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Yoyo Yellow

6 comments:

Kim said...

Totally awesome card Netta. You did an excellent job.

Danni said...

Wow! This is just stunning! Great job!

susan55040 said...

Awesome Job Netta. Beautiful design. Just love it!!!!!!!

Shelly said...

This is gorgeous, Netta. It should be published. I peeked in & saw it when you first posted it, but didn't have time to comment and this card definitely deserves a comment. : )

Beth Norman said...

Wowzers, what an awesome card. I'm sure your boss was blown away. And all your coworkers of course. What a nice way to celebrate birthdays in the office.

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Nature is so comforting and beautiful. So is your card!

Great Card Netta!

Cheers,

Dorothy