Sunday, April 19, 2009

Blue Wedding

Today was a day for just relaxing in my craft room. I wanted to do something different with this wedding dress stamp and since I love blue...that is the color I ran with! First I stamped the dress with black and colored the roses and part of the dress with cerulean blue. The bodice area and hem was colored with a small paint brush and ultra marine shimmerz. The leaves are hard to see but I colored them with apple green. Every line is outlined with light periwinkle blue. I cut the dress out and used my cuttlebug to emboss it. I used plain kids navy glitter glue with a small brush to paint the blue flowers since I do not have any navy stickles (that will definitely go on my shopping list). While that dried, I used my Nestability and Cuttlebug to cut out and emboss the background at the same time (my new favorite technique!!) for the dress. I wanted a wild kind of background so I chose paper called Vintered Vagabond from Zsiage.com. Behind that I used my Cuttlebug and Dotted A2 folder. After the dress dried, I used pop ups to lift the dress up off the background. Supplies *Markers: apple green, cerulean blue and light periwinkle *Zsiage Vintered Vagabond paper *Cuttlebug *Shimmerz Ultra Marine *Nestability Classic Oval *Cuttlebug A2 Textile Texture and Swiss Dot Folders *Dress stamp from IO Life of Happiness Set *Pearl Blings from Michael's

1 comment:

Danni said...

Gorgeous! YOu are so creative!