Thursday, January 28, 2016

Blooming With Memories

It is that time again.  The nursing home needs more Sympathy Cards.  I love making and donating the cards but it also saddens me that more of their members have passed.    On a good note, it was a very quiet season during all the holidays for the first time in years.  

I used a sketch to make this card for them.  Using a corner flower stamp in my Misti, I was able to get both corners stamped exactly in the same spot on all the cards.  I just stamped one corner and flipped the card over and stamped the other corner.  I may have said this before...and it won't be the last....lol....but the Misti, which can be found at My Sweet Petunia,  is the best tool ever!  It is perfect for speed stamping when you have a ton of cards to make of the same type.  


I roughly colored the flowers with Kimberly Watercolor Red pencil in the center.  A Blender Pen helped me to pull the colors out to the edge, leaving some areas white.  It is hard to see but the center has a drop of Black Diamond Stickles to give it just a hint of sparkle.  The butterfly is an EK punch.


I have submitted this to a SBR-US challenge to use black, white and red as the focal point.  

Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you have the best crafty day ever!

No comments: