Saturday, April 23, 2016

Black Magic Christmas

The past couple of days, I have been just sitting down coloring images using the Black Magic Technique.  It is a technique I learned years ago.  The first card I will show is a Christmas stamp from Art Impressions.  
It is called Black Magic Technique because you stamp on a dark piece of cardstock and it creates a dramatic look once colored.  Normally they use a solid image for this technique but for this card I decided to try using one that was not solid.  It was difficult to cover the blue and get the white completely white on the penguins and snowman. 


Here is what you need.
  1. Dark colored cardstock like navy or black.
  2. White Craft ink
  3. Just plain colored pencils ( I used Prismacolor Pencils)
  4. White Gel pen that will work well on dark cardstock.  I tried many until I found the one that works the best and leaves a nice crisp white line.
  5. Rubberstamp (solid image is preferred for most)

First thing you do is stamp your image with White Craft ink onto your dark colored cardstock.  You can heat set the craft ink if you have a heat embossing tool but I left mine a few hours to dry.  Craft ink does not dry fast like other inks and if you touch it or rub it, it will smear.
Once dry, color your image with the colored pencils.  Don't be afraid to press hard when coloring.  The richer the color, the greater the contrast.  
After you are done coloring, use the white gel pen to accent the image with dots around it or add lines where you colored.  Just have fun!


I will share more cards in the next day or two of images I colored

Thank you stopping.  Feel free to leave a message below if you have any questions or comments.

I am submitting this card to the Only Christmas Card challenge


No comments: